Olympus lens hoods

Started Oct 15, 2017 | Discussions thread
Albert Valentino Veteran Member • Posts: 9,444
JJC lens hoods

MichaelInGC wrote:

WalterK wrote:

You don't have to reverse this hood to store it on the camera. When it is pulled out all the way, a very slight twist counterclockwise of the ring closest to the camera body will let you push the hood in towards the camera. To use it again, just pull it out until it clicks. The idea is wonderful, but I am on my second hood as the first self destructed. Hope you have better luck.

That is very clever. Thank you, as I think I would never have made that assumption.

None of the other Olympus lenses I have came with a lens hood and I bought some 3rd party hoods that do not seem to fit well. Are the Olympus versions of the hoods for lenses like the 40-150 f/4-5.6, 75-300 and 12-50 also well made? Or are they flimsy and ill fitting like the 3rd party versions I currently have?

Consider JJC hoods for the lenses you want hoods for. They are just as good and much less expensive. I just picked up a JJC hood for my O 12-40 pro lens because it has a side door that lets me adjust a polarizing filter - making the design better than the original. I also have a JJC hood for my O 60mm macro which, like the 40-150 pro hood, slides in and out making it easy to store. I have the JJC hoods for my O 9-18 and 75-300 ii lenses but ai do not use them much. I do not have a hood for my slower 40-150 f4-5.6 but do not use that lens much.

-- hide signature --

If you don't get older and wiser, than you just get older.

Albert Valentino's gear list:Albert Valentino's gear list
Olympus E-M1 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow