Postprocessing of RAW - comparison of Programs

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Holger Bargen Senior Member • Posts: 2,288
Postprocessing of RAW - comparison of Programs

Dear all,

for a couple of years I used DxO for post-processing. When my K1 was not supported and the improvements of the actual version -DxO11 - was minor compared to the version before, I decided to change over to Lightroom 5.7.1. Now I had the chance to get the simple version of DxO11 for free (not elite).

From time to time I gave RawTherapee a chance - I liked that probram - but never managed to get good results from it.

Now we have RawTherapee 5.3 - and I ended up with results that looked good to me.

I did a comparison of these programs with a photo I took this morning. Here are the results:

DxO11

Lightroom 5.7.1

RawTherapee 5.3

They are different. Actually, I have best experience with Lightroom and I don't know enough about RawTherapee to use all of its options. It's a subjective comparison as I moved the sliders just to make things look good to me.

What do you think? What's the best of the three  versions?

Best regards

Holger

Holger Bargen's gear list:Holger Bargen's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-S1 Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +5 more
Pentax K-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow