Some SD1 Merrill pictures of our Bavarian tractor

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Amadeus21 Contributing Member • Posts: 967
Some SD1 Merrill pictures of our Bavarian tractor

As I told times ago, my wife and I decided to live in a rural small village in the very south of Germany. She wants to have some goats and together with a lot of other rural engagements there is a good reason for a "real man" to drive an old tractor
It's not a real oldtimer because built just only at the beginning of the 1970th, but it's good old mechanics everywhere - and this I do like very much. The aesthetics of good old mechanics did follow the priciple "form follows function" in a closer way. When I have a look at cars and other every day objects nowadays, I become desperate how ugly most of these things are designed, because they try to appear to me "more", than there is under the hood...

But now just have some impressions of old, still working mechanics and design. Pictures done with SD1 Merrill and tripod, processed in SPP monochrome. In comparison to my old Sony Alpha 900 (FF with Zeiss lens), I'm still convinced, that there is no picture sensor with such a crispness as foveon.

Rearview. Above the tow-bar, below the drive shaft of the power-take-off

The very heavy gear and bolt for attaching the plow e.g.

The heavy shaft (portal axle) for the left back wheel containing a secondary gear unit (right)

The uncountable times handled bolt for mounting the tow bar

The steering "finger" (crankshaft), left side in the background the lower parts of the gear change levers

The four cooling fans, for which are the tractor brand is best known

All is built very longs-lasting. The motor alone may whight up to 800 kg. Four caps to have a look at the crankshaft

The pipes and mechanics of the injection pump and behind it the air cooled cylinders

Finally the instrument panel. What blessed times! No bluetooth, no clutter with superfluous nonsense

Enjoy!

-- hide signature --

Johannes

Amadeus21's gear list:Amadeus21's gear list
Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma 24-35mm F2 DG HSM Art
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Sigma SD1 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow