Suggestions for lightweight set-up

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
crazydoglady Forum Member • Posts: 89
Suggestions for lightweight set-up

I'm thinking of buying a smaller/lighter Fuji set-up with one prime lens (I have a bad back). At the moment I'm using the Nikon D750 with 85mm f1.8. It's mainly for taking portraits of dogs when I'm out walking, so probably an effective focal length of around 70mm or more. I would like fairly fast, accurate autofocus and reasonable low light capabilities.

I am wondering if the X-Pro2 with the 50mm f2 would be the best option?  I've considered the XT-20, but I think I'd miss the weather proofing, joystick and not sure there is a quick and easy way to change ISO.

My other thought is to buy a Nikon 50mm to use with the D500, but that would still be about 400g heavier than the Fuji option.

Thanks in advance.

crazydoglady's gear list:crazydoglady's gear list
Nikon D500 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Nikon D500 Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow