High End Consumer Grade; General and Macro; Sony or Canon?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
downplay New Member • Posts: 1
High End Consumer Grade; General and Macro; Sony or Canon?

I need a good digital camera for some simple outdoor business photography but I've always wanted to dabble in macro photography.
From what I've read, there is no lens on the market that compares to the Canon 65mm 1-5x lens for macro--it is in a class of its own. So, I have always thought that this would restrict my choice to Canon, a company that obviously makes some good cameras with a huge selection of lenses.
However, I see that there are adapters for Sony cameras that allow the use of Canon EFS lenses. Perhaps I can attach that incredible Canon lens to a Sony and have the best of both worlds.
The Sony Alpha A7 II appeals to me for many reasons including the full-size sensor, size/weight, body based image stabilization, and some other features.
What do you think about buying the Sony and possibly using an adapter to use that amazing Canon lens? It wouldn't be the end of the world if I had to go with a Canon but I think some of the Sony features would be really helpful, especially the image stabilization.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow