Compact camera for moving objects photography

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
f71546 New Member • Posts: 1
Compact camera for moving objects photography

Hello everyone,

I am a bus and railroad enthusiast. Part of my hobby is taking photos of buses and trains and so far I used a Canon IXUS 90. I am satisfied with the performance of this camera but, due to a malfunction of the camera, it's time to look for a replacement.

I am looking for a compact with an 1'' sensor. If I understand well I need a camera with fast autofocus performance, as I will take photos of objects that move. Possible cameras are Canon G9X II, G7X II, Sony RX-100 III and Panasonic TZ-100/ZS-100. The reason why I am looking for a compact camera is that I want to carry it with me all the time, so dimensions and weight are important factors for me. Could someone please comment on the autofocus performance of the cameras mentioned before? I have read that both TZ-100 and G7X have fast autofocus speed but I would be interested in reading the opinion of someone who already possesses these cameras.

Canon G7 X II Canon G9 X II Canon PowerShot G7 X Panasonic ZS100 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow