6D pictures are blown out

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
Tazz93
Tazz93 Senior Member • Posts: 1,859
Re: Not the case ?

RedFox88 wrote:

George1958 wrote:

We are in agreement, my comment was either blown or a problem with the settings. I tend to think of blown images that are correctly exposed in the darks and midtones but blown in the whites, often as you will know a DR issue. However the whole spectrum of tones appear to be over exposed irrespective of the settings used.

Disagree. The image is about 2 to 3 stops over exposed, that's what is happening

If you are right, and I do not doubt you, it does suggest an issue with the camera.

Guys... there's no question the image is over-exposed, the question the OP is asking is, why? The Exif info says no compensation was used and he was in Program mode. We all know the program mode isn't perfect, but it shouldn't miss the exposure by to 2+ stops. It's either broken, obstructed, or some combination of settings are creating a conflict in exposure.

Tazz93's gear list:Tazz93's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 350D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5DS Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +19 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
BAK
MOD Mako2011
(unknown member)
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow