Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
OP barrym1966 Senior Member • Posts: 3,350
Re: Great serie

Marco Cinnirella wrote:

barrym1966 wrote:

Marco Cinnirella wrote:

barrym1966 wrote:

Marti58 wrote:

Bride and broom in the setting that is so Italian, absolute great work which will give them good memories for years to come and sharing them with their children in the future.

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

-- hide signature --

*All my Post Processing is done with Capture NX2* or Photo Mate r3
***Only a fool despises good counsel, but a wise man takes it to heart***
Flickr Photo's
Galleries on DPR

Thanks and another rejection from a large wedding blog site:

portraits are too posed

wedding style is outdated/overdone and/or doesnΒ’t fit our aesthetic

How can a portrait be too posed?

And how can a wedding be overdone? 😁

I guess some of those blogs may be looking for the more reportage style that is in vogue with some clients? And your light touch post processing is also probably not the aesthetic they are looking for - I guess they want something more stylised with a PP 'signature' ?

-- hide signature --

"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." Ansel Adams.

its all good I have found a blog focusing on destination weddings (where most facebook brides seem to go for advice) that want to publish it

not sure I want to change to that vintage faded look, or should I say I dont want to click just one button in lightroom using a filter preset to process all my work ! although it would make my life easier

and I'm not suggesting you should change your style just because that's what some blogs are looking for - be yourself and keep doing your good work ! Congrats on getting your work accepted for a blog - do post the link when it's up

-- hide signature --

"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." Ansel Adams.

its cool im sure Da Vinci and Van Gogh were turned down many a time

barrym1966's gear list:barrym1966's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R Sony a99 II Sony 85mm F1.4 ZA Carl Zeiss Planar T* Sony 24mm F2 SSM Carl Zeiss Distagon T* Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow