upgrade - but to what??

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
KariP
KariP Veteran Member • Posts: 4,779
Re: upgrade - why not 80D ?

kcsun wrote:

Hi All

I have a 7d crop camera at the moment which is great but as I shoot a lot of animals and sports I like to zoom in.

I have the 70-200 2.8lis, 100-400 lis, 2x converter and the 24-70 2.8 for general shots. I have been looking at the 7d mkII although I am now heading towards the 5D mk4 or the 5ds/dr

These are full frame cameras but the sensors are massive in comparison to the 7d. Will I be able to artificially zoom in more on a subject and retain/improve the image quality over my 7d?

Do you think I would do better with the 30mp 5d or 50mp ds/r?

Thanks in anticipation of your replies

kc

Why not 80D - it focuses faster and has a better sensor that 7D.  If you buy a FF  you must start getting closer ... just  cropping of FF images in PP means wasting a lot of money of your investment . Or you must buy a better/longer  (and more expensive) tele = 600mm

80D images taken with 100-400:

-- hide signature --

Kari
I started SLR photography in 1968, first DSLR was Canon 40D in 2007. Now Fuji X-T1 and the new 80D are my favourites - also 6D for landscapes and portraits

KariP's gear list:KariP's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-T1 +16 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow