About what % better is Sony a7s ii sensor than Panasonic GH5?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bananasushi Forum Member • Posts: 50
About what % better is Sony a7s ii sensor than Panasonic GH5?

I know Sony's sensor is bigger, it doesn't crop? less megapixels so bigger pixels more light...

I watched a few videos on youtube taken with a Sony a7s ii and I felt the image quality was really impressing me throughout the entire video, more so than the GH5. The sharpness and the brightness of even low light shots.

I was looking forward to getting a GH5 because I really like video that is filmed in 60p. I've gotten better at being able to tell if a video is in 60p and I like it. Some channels on youtube upload their walking around town videos or playing the guitar videos in 60p and the motion looks buttery smooth.

But I just can't ignore that video that the guy shot with his Sony... I don't think he is a professional and he said he didn't use any effects or special settings. Just regular setting. If 4K is all about resolution then it seems that the Sony would be more important than smooth motion video at 60p. But how much better would people say it is? 10%? 30%?

Here are the examples. Of the video filmed with the Sony.

Vid 1

Vid 2

Vid 3

If anyone has any videos taken with the GH5 that are just as good or better than this, please share them. I'm also curious if there are any videos with the Sony a7s ii that are better than this. As I've said, there were no effects used, just the normal settings. Everything is so bright and vivid.

Panasonic GH5 Sony Alpha a7S II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow