International Festival, Newport News, VA

Started 5 months ago | Photos thread
JeanPierre Thibaudeau
JeanPierre Thibaudeau Contributing Member • Posts: 605
Re: International Festival, Newport News, VA

FMohsin wrote:

Hello Jean Pierre,

I usually shoot RAW and post process using the Silkypix software that came with the camera. I don't like Ricoh white balance options to be honest and therefore this also affects the color in general. Probably switching to another RAW converter would be the way to go, but I'm too lazy...

I have many more pics in the Ricoh forum which I hope you'll get a chance to see sometime. Thanks for taking the time to write.

Regards,

FM

Well, thank you for your answer. I suspected these were shot in raw because the colours were nice and balanced and I usually don't like the colours from the jpegs from the GR ii. Which I just ordered a few hours ago. Problem is, I always shoot jpegs, never in raw. I might be disappointed, unless I shoot only in black and white, which I think look superb with the Ricoh GR ii.

And yes, I stumble onto more of your shots yesterday and I suspected it was from you because, once again, the colours looked nice. I then looked at the person who posted them and bingo, it was you again. You're doing a fine job with colours, which obsess me a lot, they vary a lot from one manufacturer to another.

I wander if there will be a way to get nice colours in jpegs with all the settings on the GRii.

Thanks again.

-- hide signature --

Jean-Pierre

JeanPierre Thibaudeau's gear list:JeanPierre Thibaudeau's gear list
Canon PowerShot A650 IS Canon PowerShot S200 Canon PowerShot SD870 IS Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 +34 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow