X-E3, new owner evaluations.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Optimus Primes
Optimus Primes Regular Member • Posts: 171
X-E3, new owner evaluations.

Picked up an X-E3 from my LCS just a few hours ago.  I plan to use this thread to give others my impressions of the new camera.

First of all I am coming from the X-E2 which I preferred over the other Fuji offerings.  I like the left side viewfinder of the rangefinder style body, it keeps my face off the back of the camera and frees my left eye to see what else is around me.  The optical finder of the Pro isn't something that I need, want, or would use so the smaller form factor of the X-E was another plus.

Now for the X-E3.  Camera worked perfectly right out of the box.  Battery is the same as my X-E2, that's a plus.  Even though the camera is about a 1/4 inch less in width it is actually a bit easier to hold onto due to a more prominent nub on the back and a slightly deeper finger grip on the front.

Setting the camera up was a breeze being already familiar with Fuji menus.  The new joystick controller is way better in use than the old four way controller pad.  Fast and responsive it lets you make menu selections very easily.

The biggest change of course is the touch screen.  Mine works smoothly in the same way my iPhone does so no complaints there.  And its use is optional if you prefer.

So, so far all good stuff.  I'm going to go out and shoot with it for a while and see how that goes.

More to follow.

Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow