FX90f2 for Sports & Indoor Events?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
wallawalla Regular Member • Posts: 160
FX90f2 for Sports & Indoor Events?

I have a hole in my Fuji lenses. I have great options for wide and casual shooting (10-24, 16, 23, 27, 18-55, & 50-230), but I don't have any lens that can really work for subject isolation, portraits, and indoor sports and events. I don't do many portraits, but I would like a lens that can give me some isolation and work for my kids' concerts, basketball, volleyball, etc.

The obvious solution would be the 50-140. I'm not convinced, though, that I want a) to spend that much, b) to carry that much size and weight, or c) the bokeh that it produces. Its IS would be nice. What I'm wondering is if the 90f2 works well for sports and events or is it a specialized portrait lens? I usually only hear about it in the context of portraits, but it seems that it also might be ideal for other purposes. The f2 would be useful and the lack of IS wouldn't be an issue because of the higher shutter speeds for sports. Does anyone have any experience using this lens for indoor events/sports? Are there other options I should be thinking about?

Thanks

https://500px.com/gregorydodds

wallawalla's gear list:wallawalla's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 50-230mm II +6 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow