E-M1.2 EVF question

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MichaelInGC Contributing Member • Posts: 515
E-M1.2 EVF question

I generally do not use the LCD (what I believe is called Live View) on the camera when shooting photos unless I need the articulation of the LCD to make the photo. I use the EVF 99% of the time and generally keep the LCD closed to save battery power. One of the things I have noticed is that the EVF does not reflect what the image will look like, especially in low light, and I sometimes get images that are much darker than I expect or, sometimes, much brighter. This seems to be a problem more in Manual mode than Shutter or Aperture Modes.

I was wondering if there is a menu setting that will show what the image will actually look like when taken. I think there are settings to do that with the LCD, but I have not seen anything to do that with the EVF. I am guessing that such a function exists and that I have just not noticed it when scanning through the menus.

MichaelInGC's gear list:MichaelInGC's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow