Canon guy buying his first Leica...help!

Started Oct 11, 2017 | Discussions thread
Highland grey beard Regular Member • Posts: 133
Re: Cropping and perspective

Joe Pineapples II wrote:

The thing is, I'm an engineer who has worked in optics forever, so I know what the right answer is. I'm just being nice in pointing it out - I'm not really interested in a "discussion".

J.

I appreciate you being nice to me. You may know what the right answer is but if so why point me to an article which confirms my original comment that if you crop an image taken with a 28mm lens you still get the perspective of a 28mm lens? Of course I do not have the benefit of being an optical engineer and there no doubt is a technical definition of perspective. As a lay photographer I was referring to the extension distortion with a wide angle as compared to the compression distortion created by a telephoto lens. In my simple way I saw that as a form of perspective distortion relevant to the actual image created. Bottom line is that I know the visual impact of different focal lengths and cropping through experience even if I lack the technical expertise.

-- hide signature --

Andy

Highland grey beard's gear list:Highland grey beard's gear list
Leica Q Nikon D850 Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon 24-70mm F2.8E ED VR +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow