Problem with GAS

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SUFTUM Regular Member • Posts: 188
Problem with GAS

So, from a hobbyist photographer last year I have now started into weddings with a few done and 10 booked in over the next year or more.

I need a second body.

The D850 excites me, and I could buy it if I really wanted to however my head tells me the D750 will be a superb body for weddings for years to come. 2 identical cameras with same settings, I can get 3rd party grip under £50. Makes total sense.

Nice to have though it may be, I don't need D5 like focus ability brides don't tend to be moving too quickly when you shoot them! From what I can see there is no huge DR or low light advantage. Higher MP again would be nice but I don't intend to be cropping much and the reach from my 70-200 VRII give me all I need.

Of course with the D850 I'm future proofed for another few years I suppose, but there are still guys putting out stonkingly good images from D700s and D3s now getting quite outdated!

So do I go with head and D750 or heart and D850???

SUFTUM's gear list:SUFTUM's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +7 more
Nikon D3S Nikon D5 Nikon D750 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow