Viewing NEF files

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sroni21 Forum Member • Posts: 63
Viewing NEF files

Forgive me if this has been discussed before or if this is a straight up rookie question, but on my old D5300, I was able to upload my RAW NEF files to my computer and be able to view all the pictures, but not with my D850, I send the files to my computer and they arent even viewable until I convert to DNG... Note that Im not even talking about editing on LR, only viewing the files... I used to sort the raws on my computer and trim down what I dont want easily. My personal workflow may not be the most efficient,  but I am ocd and it works for me...

Am I missing something with the pro level Nikons and NEF files, like is there another program I should download to have the ability to just view the NEF files before I do massive conversions to DNG??

I just got back from Europe and have over 4000 NEF files, now I have separate folders for RAW and DNG that I am trying to organize sequentially and identically... I would much rather be able to view and dump the shots I dont want before having to convert to DNG.

Thanks.

sroni21's gear list:sroni21's gear list
Nikon D5300 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +3 more
Nikon D5300 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow