Viewing NEF files

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sroni21 Forum Member • Posts: 76
Viewing NEF files

Forgive me if this has been discussed before or if this is a straight up rookie question, but on my old D5300, I was able to upload my RAW NEF files to my computer and be able to view all the pictures, but not with my D850, I send the files to my computer and they arent even viewable until I convert to DNG... Note that Im not even talking about editing on LR, only viewing the files... I used to sort the raws on my computer and trim down what I dont want easily. My personal workflow may not be the most efficient,  but I am ocd and it works for me...

Am I missing something with the pro level Nikons and NEF files, like is there another program I should download to have the ability to just view the NEF files before I do massive conversions to DNG??

I just got back from Europe and have over 4000 NEF files, now I have separate folders for RAW and DNG that I am trying to organize sequentially and identically... I would much rather be able to view and dump the shots I dont want before having to convert to DNG.

Thanks.

sroni21's gear list:sroni21's gear list
Nikon D5300 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +3 more
Nikon D5300 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow