What does your landscape kit look like?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Apowlo New Member • Posts: 4
What does your landscape kit look like?

My original plan was to pair the X-T2 with a 23mm f/2 to serve as my compact kit that I can throw in my bag and bring with me everywhere and to get a few zooms down the track for my weekend landscape photography trips.

I have found the 23mm f/2 to be a fantastic bit of glass for something that is so compact and lightweight. Wide open and focusing in close (<1.0m) it does get a bit soft, but apart from that I found it to be a superb perfomer and I've been really happy learning street photography with it.

I have also been quite pleased with my landscape results and I was thinking if I should ditch my original plan and go with an all round kit that includes this lens such as:

• Fuji 14mm f/2.8 (58mm filter thread)
  • Fuji 23mm f/2.0 (43mm filter thread)
  • Fuji 35mm f/2.0 (43mm filter thread)
  • Fuji 55-200 f/3.5-4.8 (62mm filter thread)

My one gripe with Fuji is the inconsistent filter threads which makes it a bit difficult to mix and match lenses to use with a filter system. With a kit like this I could use the Haida 67mm filter system that can accomodate these smaller filter threads. If I were to go with zooms such as the 10-24mm, 16-55 and 55-140mm I would go with a larger 100mm system and leave the 23mm f/2 at home when shooting landscapes.

TLDR : For those who use filters, what does your kit look like?

Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow