X-E3

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
myfujilife
myfujilife Senior Member • Posts: 2,059
X-E3

My initial thoughts:

• Great construction. Feels a little more solid than the XE2S. More metal like.
  • Nice size. Feels narrower.
  • AF is a noticeable improvement on the X-T2, particularly with face detect in AF-C. Can't wait for this to come to the X-T2
  • EVF size change is unnoticeable compared to XE2S.
  • Touch screen damn good isn't perfect. You have to switch off touch for af or taking photos or it sometimes gets confused with AF vs Menu. There is a small part of the screen to do this.

On the negative

• Tripod placement is terrible. My spider light won't fit and it had no problems with the X100 and X-E2S. Its a bad design for people wanting to use plates and forcing people to buy the overpriced Fuji grip to get a decent tripod placement is bad
  • Still not raw in auto mode and only limited film sims. No acros or chrome. If I hand the camera to my wife I want something slightly better.
  • Missing tilt screen I don't mind (as I have the X-T2) but I get that people aren't happy

Unfortunately raw photos aren't supported by Lightroom yet so as soon as Adobe release something I'll have some photos.

Overall, it's very nice. I really like it. It's a worthy replacement for the XE2s

-- hide signature --

https://www.instagram.com/theoverratedphotographer/
https://fujifilm-blog.com/2017/07/20/through-a-photographers-eye-athol-hill/
Fuji XT-2, Fuji X-E2, XF16-55mmF2.8 R LM WR, XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR, XF23mmF2 R WR, XF35mmF2 R WR, XF90mmF2 R LM WR, XF60mm F2.4

myfujilife's gear list:myfujilife's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +12 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E2S Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow