X-E3

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Shockwave Senior Member • Posts: 1,316
X-E3

My initial thoughts:

• Great construction. Feels a little more solid than the XE2S. More metal like.
  • Nice size. Feels narrower.
  • AF is a noticeable improvement on the X-T2, particularly with face detect in AF-C. Can't wait for this to come to the X-T2
  • EVF size change is unnoticeable compared to XE2S.
  • Touch screen damn good isn't perfect. You have to switch off touch for af or taking photos or it sometimes gets confused with AF vs Menu. There is a small part of the screen to do this.

On the negative

• Tripod placement is terrible. My spider light won't fit and it had no problems with the X100 and X-E2S. Its a bad design for people wanting to use plates and forcing people to buy the overpriced Fuji grip to get a decent tripod placement is bad
  • Still not raw in auto mode and only limited film sims. No acros or chrome. If I hand the camera to my wife I want something slightly better.
  • Missing tilt screen I don't mind (as I have the X-T2) but I get that people aren't happy

Unfortunately raw photos aren't supported by Lightroom yet so as soon as Adobe release something I'll have some photos.

Overall, it's very nice. I really like it. It's a worthy replacement for the XE2s

-- hide signature --

https://www.instagram.com/theoverratedphotographer/
https://fujifilm-blog.com/2017/07/20/through-a-photographers-eye-athol-hill/
Fuji XT-2, Fuji X-E2, XF16-55mmF2.8 R LM WR, XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR, XF23mmF2 R WR, XF35mmF2 R WR, XF90mmF2 R LM WR, XF60mm F2.4

Shockwave's gear list:Shockwave's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +8 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E2S Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow