Am I crazy for wanting to trade my X-T2 for a X-Pro 2?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MaverickX88 New Member • Posts: 2
Am I crazy for wanting to trade my X-T2 for a X-Pro 2?

Hello All,

I'm looking for a few opinions since I've been told that I'm acting crazy here. I currently own a Fujifilm X-T2 which I enjoy shooting with. I tend to shoot a lot at Comic Con type Conventions as well as going out on the weekends and just doing some street and landscape photography. It's a good camera and all but since I've owned it, I just haven't felt "connected" to it. I can use it and use it well, but I'm not in love with using it if that makes sense? I recently went and tried out a friends' X-Pro 2 for a couple of weeks while he was in between some shoots and I came to REALLY enjoy using it. There's something really special about that OVF/EVF Combo Viewfinder and really the Rangefinder style in general. But what truly makes it special to me is the ergonomics. It just FEELS like it belongs in my hand and is just an extension of myself. For whatever reason, shooting with it gave me an absolute joy that I just don't seem to get with my X-T2. Even though the X-T2 has the bigger/better EVF, Dual High Speed Card slots, usb charging, a flip screen, etc. The X-T2 has better specs but I somehow just like the X-Pro 2 more.

So I'm coming to the decision that it would be best for me to sell/trade my X-T2 for an X-Pro 2. However, some people have told me I'm crazy and that I should stick with the X-T2 since it's a better camera all around.

I plan to pick up the Fuji 50mm f2 lens to complete the "Fujicron" set up as I plan to just try and stick with those lenses for awhile since I really enjoy the 23mm f2 and 35m f2 already. To me, this is where the OVF of the X-Pro 2 will come in handy as I'll be able to see a bit more of everything outside my frame. And then I can have the OVF/EVF combo to check composition and focus. And the EVF I can use for my bigger lenses. Makes sense to me.

So I guess what I'm asking is, am I crazy?

MaverickX88's gear list:MaverickX88's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR +1 more
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
kli
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow