Low Light Prime for G7 Wanted

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
mentos77
mentos77 Contributing Member • Posts: 504
Re: Low Light Prime for G7 Wanted

Droogie45 wrote:

Setter Dog wrote:

Thanks Droogie!

Any significant difference you notice between the two lenses? I'm leaning toward the 25mm, but I'm not sure why??

Jack

The 25 focuses much faster, but to me that doesn't make any difference. I do prefer the 20mm just for the extra angle of view. I think the 20mm might be a little bit sharper but not that much from the 25. The Sigma 19mm might be something to look at, I have that and also love the images.

The 19 gets much lower sharpness scores than the 20 so I avoided it. But I love the other Sigmas I own. And I love that focal length (17-21mm). Might have to grab it next time I see it cheap. I think the first version is available for just $100 in my country, so will try that. The 15 is usually too wide for street for me.

Apparently the second version of the 19 was just a cosmetic upgrade which looks pretty cool and unique, but I much prefer the rubber focus ring on the 30 1.4. It's weird because I remember someone saying the Sigma lenses are more clinical than characterful. Yet I hear people like yourself regularly praise it.

mentos77's gear list:mentos77's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art Ricoh GR Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow