Nuns in Venice

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Wensel Contributing Member • Posts: 553
Re: Nuns in Venice

I've been gone for a while. I'm also being more selective in how and to what I respond.

My take on your photos is that both are very strong and compelling. You captured this very well. I agree that the lighter touch represents the content somewhat better on the surface, and you certainly should listen to the better photographers than I about composition and processing.

That said, I have a personal take:

IF, and it is a big IF, your intent were to be to represent deeper considerations, the darker image has a lot of power. People of honorable faith walk in a dark world, and somehow live above it and keep moving. Two women of faith rising out of dark places, offering hope, etc., could be a way to interpret the second image.

We live in a sometimes dark and vague world, and it is quite refreshing to see the "light" come through.

Just my reflections, which I am quite sure are often orthogonal to the typical. . . regardless, thanks for posting and for the positive image to consider.

-- hide signature --

Paul
plkphotos.smugmug.com

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow