Wouldn't you be interested in a true monochrome camera?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
lb77 Regular Member • Posts: 136
Wouldn't you be interested in a true monochrome camera?

How come only Leica has a true monochrome camera? Recently I've read this article about reworked Fuji cameras  to be monochrome. The process envolves a lot of hardware changes on the sensor. They basically remove the color filters and this is increases micro contrast  just like B&W in film cameras. B&W in normal digital colours is a simulation from colour (the raw file is always coloured). Before I dug into this I thought the Leica Monochrome was just a minimalist software simulation and never looked into it.

The Leica M Monochrome is more than 7000$ body alone :-|. You can get a Fuji at MaxMax.com or send your camera and they will transform it for a lot less, but it is still expensive.

I find the idea of a monochrome sensor camera to be appealing and, except for scale production factors, I would imagine to be cheaper to build one in theory. Why hasn't fuji claimed this market? (or nikon, canon etc.)

lb77's gear list:lb77's gear list
Ricoh GR II Nikon D810 Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow