Pentax 645Z price drop to $5,500 - new model soon?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
peterpainter Regular Member • Posts: 435
Re: Pentax 645Z price drop to $5,500 - new model soon?

jimboyvr wrote:

Edymagno wrote:

Still a true IQ devil.

More than Nikon 850 at 2k cheaper?

Kind of a sore point in some quarters, that one. If you haven't been reading the 'oh gosh scores 100' feedback you may have missed that the 645z was apparently rated at 101 by DXO some time ago, then the rating 'disappeared' and the 'test was never finished' (which DXO say is why the rating isn't there in some of their responses - you'll find links in the comments on that thread if you're really interested!) Conspiracy theories abound, and tbh it mystifies me too. Yes, I use Pentax, but not the 645z.

Still, a link to a snapshot , and of course, what difference 1 point on DXO makes other than conferring bragging rights is anybody's guess!

*edited to add - from all reports, though, yes the 645z IQ is great, but it isn't something I'd consider buying and neither is the D850 - both of them are far too expensive for me.

-- hide signature --

regards,
Pete

peterpainter's gear list:peterpainter's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Pentax K-50 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow