Leica T 18-56 or V-Lux Typ114?

Started Oct 8, 2017 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ktmei Contributing Member • Posts: 783
Leica T 18-56 or V-Lux Typ114?

Currently own the Leica T + 23mm but may look to expand into Leica system later on in the future. I'm not a professional, just a young man living in an urban city doing street photography as a hobby.

The 18-56 will serve as the go-to for more reach and some slight wider angle view. May use this as an everyday lens, I normally shoot at f5.6 or f8 so the lens wouldnt bother me that much. Downside of the lens would be that it's expensive as a "kit zoom" and there may be certain events or usages where I may need a longer focal length than 80mm.

But for the V-Lux, this will be 25-400 and has IS as well as other goodies/features. Downside may be the 1 inch sensor (I'm not a professional but not quite sure how 1 inch sensors perform in terms of low light), being a DSLR style = heavier to carry around = will only use the camera at certain occasions.

Since the lens and camera are both similarly priced, which would be the money's worth for long term?

ktmei's gear list:ktmei's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 II
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Leica V-Lux (Typ 114)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow