D850 / Tamron 24-70 G2 Visit Nashville

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
larrylef Regular Member • Posts: 252
D850 / Tamron 24-70 G2 Visit Nashville

After shooting with a Sony APS-C mirrorless for a couple of years, this camera lens combination was huge and HEAVY (4 lbs, 9 1/2 oz). This was a test of the viability of shooting handheld with such a beast.

So here as some images from a recent outing to Nashville, TN.

The D850 has insane specs and we've all seen the recent DXOMark review of the sensor. Tamron claims their latest 24-70 lens has 5 stops of stabilization. The reviews said it's sharp.

The result - I can't believe how good this camera/lens combination is. Colors are incredible, detail superb.

Note: I am not a professional photographer, but use photographs in my business and often have to take them myself.

All images are handheld, taken with Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 lens. All images imported as RAW into Photoshop and output as jpg. Some were cropped, or other light adjustments. All are 100% crops, so take a gander at the detail full size.

Nikon D850 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow