B+W Circulair Polarising HTC MRC Nano XS-Pro Digital 77

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Landscrape Junior Member • Posts: 30
B+W Circulair Polarising HTC MRC Nano XS-Pro Digital 77

HI all,

My eye was caught by this very expensive filter that claims to have quite an advantage over other filters. B&W sais 1 to 1.5 stops less light is lost when using it compared to other polarizing filters.

It's a lot of money to spend on a filter. But I am of the kind that likes to buy things one time. Instead of starting cheap and finding out I wanted the more advanced one. Lot's of ppl. will probably know what I mean I reckon

Anyway, i don't like to buy stuff that is marketed in a smart way but offers none of the advantages claimed. What are your experiences with this filter technology. Or what are your thoughts?

Here they explain their so called HTC (High Transmission Circular) technology:

B+W Käsemann HTC Polarizing Filters
New B+W Käsemann HTC (High Transmission Circular) Polarizer filters provide greater light transmission while delivering the hallmark characteristics of a fine B+W polarizing filter.

Known for reflection reduction and improved color, polarizing filters are valued tools, especially for ever-changing outdoor environments. The trade off historically has been light loss. Use of standard polarizing filters comes with a loss of up to 2.5 f/stops of light transmitted, which can increase desired depth of field or shutter speed. However, the B+W next-generation HTC filters utilize a proprietary layer of specially selected, high-transmission polarizing foil, which reduces light loss to just 1-1.5 stops making them work much better in low light situations.

Any experiences or thoughts?

Thanks!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow