GH5 + Metabones + Sigma 18-35 F1.8 + Video Assist = need for cage + rails

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
speedbird1229 New Member • Posts: 1
GH5 + Metabones + Sigma 18-35 F1.8 + Video Assist = need for cage + rails

Hi,

I produce a lot of car videos (automotive footage, different artistic angles, basically Top Gear style stuff) and I've been using my awesome GH5 with Metabones Speedbooster 0.64x + Sigma Art 18-35 F1.8 lens for a couple of months. The setup is stunning. I'm always also using the Blackmagic Video Assist smaller HD version for monitoring, planning on getting Ninja Inferno for a larger counterpart, too. I've also purchased the Panasonic DMW-XLR1 soundbox for the hot shoe which works pretty nice. Now, let's say I want to mount the soundbox, Video Assist, perhaps even a shotgun mic on the camera. I can do it with some accessories but the end result looks ridiculous and is not very comfortable to use. Since I do a lot of hand held shots in addition to Ronin MX stabilization, I would like to have some sort of good shoulder setup where my GH5 sits nice and tight, I have the Video Assist right where I want to and also the soundbox is usable and perhaps a nice spot for the Shotgun mic somewhere.

I think I am going to need some sort of cage + rails setup like the ones used for cinema work with the GH5 or some other DSLR or mirrorless cams. I've been browsing around a lot and there are so many things on the market. What would be the best solution for me? I don't want perhaps the cheapest Chinese cr... but I don't want to pay a fortune, either.

Thanks so much for directing me into the right direction!

Panasonic GH5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow