Help with Flashpoint Zoom Li-on TTL

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TankGuy Junior Member • Posts: 25
Help with Flashpoint Zoom Li-on TTL

I picked up a Flashpoint Zoom and a R2 receiver and transmitter.  The R2's work fine, but I'm having issues with the Zoom.  Never had one before so I don't know exactly what to expect.  Everything is set to Channel 1, Group A

I can't get the Zoom to work as a master.  My plan was to use the flash as a singleton on the camera (D500) or as a master when I needed one other flash, and as a slave when I needed three.  When I try to set it as a master, it is set to TTL on Channels M and A.

When I use the flash as a slave, it doesn't hold settings if it goes into standby or I turn it off.  To reset it as a slave, I have to exit slave mode, activate it a master, go back into slave mode and turn off Channel M.  Once I do that, maybe several times, I see "Nikon" in the bottom left hand corner of the LCD.  Once that appears, it will function as a slave until it hits standby or I turn it off and back on.

It will not Auto Zoom in either master or slave mode.  It comes on or out of standby into manual zoom mode, at 24 MM.  I can turn the wheel down to get it to "A" and it shows "--" and never changes regardless of the lens setting.  I also never hear the zoom motor working when it's at "A", although I do hear it when I adjust in "M".

Adorama is pretty much closed till the middle of the month.  I'm sure they will help, but I'm hoping someone can tell me if it's the flash or me.  Sorry for the long post, but I thought I needed to explain the details.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow