gh5: new v90 card good enough for 4k60 hdr? 400mbps?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
gteague
OP gteague Senior Member • Posts: 2,091
Re: gh5: new v90 card good enough for 4k60 hdr? 400mbps?

LingoDingo wrote:

cmyck wrote:

Bottom line: The Lexar 1000x 256gb is not fit for recording 400mbps

The cheapest V90 card you can buy right now is the ADATA 256GB SDXC UHS-II U3 V90 card that you can buy from Amazon.com or NewEgg.com for $290 US. ( it's also available in 64GB and 128GB sizes )

You can buy it as either a full size SD card or a MicroSD card, the MicroSD is a bit slower ( using the free ATTO drive benchmark it shows a WRITE speed of 164 MB/sec, where the full size card is supposed to have a write speed of 200+ MB/sec ) but easily fast enough for 400 Mbps ALL-I recording.

Also, if you live in Canada like I do, you can buy the 256GB MicroSD version of this card for $299 Canadian from NewEgg.ca. I bought one for my GH5 and it gives me 83 minutes of recording time at 400 Mbps.

i have the adata 256gb  and 64gb cards. i wanted the 128gb instead of the 64gb and it was a better value, but amazon never had them in stock.

but until apple updates their stuff to recognize gh5 10-bit files it's not much use shooting any tests as by now i'm pretty sure the cards will handle any of the formats and modes of the gh5.

/guy

-- hide signature --

"Before you take that shot, ask yourself: What Would HCB do?" ~/s

gteague's gear list:gteague's gear list
Sony RX10 III Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow