D850 and an unremarkable image

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mgblack74 Regular Member • Posts: 214
D850 and an unremarkable image

This isn't anything "to write home about". But after having the camera for about a week now and using the time to become accustomed to it and learn it's nuances, I've been trying all sorts of lenses on it. I have all sorts of G, E, Nano coated, AF-S modern stuff, but I am an afficionado of the old stuff. I have a 28 2.8 Series E, 55 2.8 Ai-S macro, 105 2.5, and this is a 135 2.8 Series E. A $4300 (CAD) camera with a $150 lens on it. What amazes me, as others have said, is that it makes all my lenses, better. Between the Auto AFFT and the shear resolution, it's impressed me to no end.

As taken, SOOC "JPEG* ". ISO 64. f/2.8

Heavy crop. Some purple fringing, but not bad for near 40 year old "economy" lens. Internet compression doesn't do the image justice. It's quite sharp.

Anyway, people out there have asked what lenses to use. Others have listed what is reasonable on a D850. All your lenses will be better on a D850. Cheers.

mgblack74's gear list:mgblack74's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 58mm f/1.4G +3 more
Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow