Got a D850

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
johne37179 New Member • Posts: 4
Got a D850

The learning curve on this camera is substantial and steep. I got my D500 a couple of months ago and love it. Having its big sister along side is becoming a bit of an unexpected challenge. The capabilities of this camera require an attention to detail I've never before experienced in over 6 5 years of taking pictures. The closest memory is my first Hasselblad way back in the day. Every lens requires a workout and fine tuning. The EV reconfigures your point of view. The time it takes to process every image from uploading the editing is a change in workflow. While I think I will fall in love with this camera, it is not the instant love affair the D500 was. It is the challenge of flying a high performance airplane or driving a high end Porsche for the first time. It will take some getting used to. I feel like a rookie all over again.

Anyone else finding the same thing?

johne37179's gear list:johne37179's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED +13 more
Nikon D500 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow