Galaxy S8 Raw Photos on SD Card?

Started Sep 29, 2017 | Questions thread
aus4ever
aus4ever Forum Pro • Posts: 10,595
Re: Galaxy S8 Raw Photos on SD Card?

requa wrote:

Thanks, but that just takes you to the same setting screen from within the camera app that I had already set to save to the SD card. The app does save properly to the SD card when I shoot in modes other than pro or when I shoot in pro mode without the raw image option. It's only when I enable the raw option and shoot in pro to use it that it reverts to the internal memory (including the associated JPEG).

Dan

Now I know what you mean.  I have done some testing with the camera.  Shooting RAW seemed only possible in Pro mode, and switching to Pro mode a reminder is displayed to say that a RAW file and a compressed JPEG file will be stored in internal memory.

Any way to get raw photos stored to SD card?

I can understand why but if that's the only option, we have to back up and delete images from time to time to free up internal space.  Treat it like a 32G memory card.    

aus4ever's gear list:aus4ever's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow