Auto straight a batch of images - Lightroom

Started May 31, 2017 | Questions thread
richardplondon
richardplondon Forum Pro • Posts: 10,694
Re: Auto straight a batch of images - Lightroom

F R wrote:

Thanks. I had seen it. It explains how to do an auto straight on one picture, but not on a batch with individual auto settings for each picture.

For Lightroom EITHER (recent versions, way not work 100% in prior versions):

• highlight all the pictures, turn on Auto Sync, and only then click on whichever Upright option you want (such as, "Level"). This causes a new analysis and auto level of the main image, and also an independent analysis and appropriate auto level of each other image highlighted.
  • Next if you don't normally use it, remember to turn off Auto Sync

OR (recent versions, these options not distinguished in some prior versions):

• Sync adjustments from one image onto the rest, unchecking everything except "Upright mode"

(Checking "Upright transforms" instead, would I think force the outcome from the auto correction of one image, onto the other images, without any separate analysis of each one. Checking "Transform adjustments" would I think sync the settings of the manual Transform sliders.)

OR (recent versions and also earlier versions since the introduction of 'Upright'):

• Apply one or another Upright auto option to an image, then make a new user develop preset within which the only box checked, is "Upright mode" leaving any other options for Transform unchecked.
  • For older versions, I think you can only choose "Upright" as a single selection.
  • Regardless, doing it this way, the preset can be applied to one image or to many, and LR will "do its stuff" independently and afresh, for each image, each time the preset is (re)applied.

Quite quick and convenient to have a preset for each commonly used Upright mode.

richardplondon's gear list:richardplondon's gear list
Pentax K-5 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow