Choosing my next camera for Landscapes

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mattjp1 Forum Member • Posts: 78
Choosing my next camera for Landscapes

Hi all,

I have been using an Olympus EM10 for a couple of years and although the camera is great, I am now looking for an upgrade and thought I could get some good advice from you guys. Below are a few points that describe my situation:

• I am no professional and enjoy outdoor activities, sharp landscapes/bracketed and stacked exposures on tripod - kind of photos. Good in low light is a must though.
  • I am not shooting sports so I don't mind a low fps camera.
  • I do not mind buying into a new system (my current gear is quite limited, I won't "lose" much).
  • I prefer fast primes to zooms.

Since I enjoy hiking, weigh is an important factor so I am thinking to stay in the mirrorless world, only upgrading to a larger sensor than m43.

So I am looking at APS-C and Full Frame mirrorless cameras at the moment.

Not sure about the differences between both sensors for landscapes, although I read full frame would have an advantage.

Now in terms of options:

1. Of course the Sony A7R looks awesome but the A7RII is pretty pricey for me at the moment.
  2. The A7R looks OK, does anyone have some feedback on it, is it still a good camera to buy in 2017?
  3. Anyone else here using mirrorless for landscapes and could share about his/her thoughts?

Thanks for any tips you may have,

matt

mattjp1's gear list:mattjp1's gear list
Nikon D750 Tamron SP 35mm F1.8 Di VC USD
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Sony Alpha a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow