Started Sep 26, 2017 | Discussions thread
jshen808
jshen808 Senior Member • Posts: 6,667
Re: D850 front focusing :(

Michael1000 wrote:

Sagittarius wrote:

jshen808 wrote:

Manzur Fahim wrote:

Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue. My D850 is front focusing with 4 lenses I tried (105mm F/1.4E, 200mm F2/G, Tamron 90mm F/2.8 Macro VC and Sigma 50mm F/1.4 Art)

Has anyone else having this issue? All the lenses are fine with my D810.

Didn't expect this from D850

..the D850 offers a "default" fine-tune number to be entered that will work for all lenses attached, this way don't need to "do for each lens", if that will work in your situation..

..I took a picture with my D850 and Nikon 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6 VR lens, this was shot in Raw, the Jpeg was extracted from the Raw.. see below..

..this image was center cropped at 50% zoomed in..

..I don't have time today to do the actual fine-tuning.. but from initial testings, the recommended value by Lickity Split gave of +12 seems about right..

..Best wishes..

Each camera - lens combination will have their own value. There is no one size fits all in this matter.

Worse than that, each camera and the same lens at various zoom levels will have their own value.

..looks like, if need to, I'll be sending my camera & lens to Nikon Repair for them to take care of the fine-tuning..

..Cheers..

-- hide signature --

Cheers, John
Photography is my hobby.
http://www.pbase.com/johnshenphotography

jshen808's gear list:jshen808's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P610 Nikon Coolpix P900 Nikon Coolpix P1000
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
glo
glo
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow