Where are all those new M-series lenses?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ByronP Contributing Member • Posts: 682
Re:Does your SL2 focus accurately thru the viewfinder?

With the m5 af micro adjustments are not needed.  On the sl2 micro adjustments might be needed, but I believe you have to send the camera and lens to Canon for the adjustment.  Higher end Canon's (eg 80d) one can do this oneself but it is a pain.  On the other hand the af sensors on the m5 only have vertical af sensors as opposed to cross type on the sl2.  So for most situation this is not a big deal.  Also, in low light on the m5 the af is slooooooooooooooooow.  To me in good light with the m5 af works great and because about 80% of the sensor has af as opposed to only 9 spots on the sl2, to me that gives the m5 a big advantage over the sl2 or sl1.  Plus the controls on the m5 are better for more advanced photographers, in my opinion.  By the way I gave away my sl1 then used my 80d and now my m5.  For sports or bif I use my 7d2.  I am not sure what I will do with my 80d since I have my 7d2 for things moving fast, low light/flash and my m5 for everything else.

ByronP's gear list:ByronP's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS M5
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow