Decided to get a Sony A7RII

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Nivedita Contributing Member • Posts: 575
Decided to get a Sony A7RII

Finally I have decided to get a Sony A7RII as the price is really attractive. I used it a few days (my friend was kind enough to give to me with a couple of lenses).

I have rented Canon 5D Mark IV with two lenses (24-70 F4 IS and 70-200mm F28 IS II) and though Canon was really good, a number of factors affected my decision to get A7RII:

1) Price of Sony A7RII body. Though the lenses prices probably negates that advantage.

2) IBIS. My most used lens will be 24-70mm (I will get either the F4 version of the F2.8 version). I understand that the Sony 24-70mm F2.8 GM might not be as good as Canon's latest version, but very close to it, but the fact that it will be stabilized is a major plus.

I have not decided to get the 70-200mm F2.8 GM lens as there are lots of different opinions on this lens (most of them are telling that it is not as sharp as Canon in the center, though it may not be matter). I will rent it and see how it performs.

3) Ability to use some of the adapted lenses. I am interested in knowing how A7RII performs on some of the Pentax lenses (31mm Limited or 77mm Limited)

4) Focussing capabilities like eye-AF. I found it very useful for portraiture.

I will be getting Godox/Flashpoint flashes and X1 trigger.

-Nivedita

Nivedita's gear list:Nivedita's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R II Pentax K-1 Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax FA 70-200 F2.8 HD Pentax D FA 24-70mm F2.8 ED SDM WR +2 more
Leica X1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow