Time Lapse work flow

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
emailsucks98
emailsucks98 Regular Member • Posts: 318
Time Lapse work flow

Hey! Enjoying every day with my new OMD EM5 mkII.

I've shot some videos, and time lapses already. The videos looked great OOC as .mov files. Easy!

I shot some great time lapses, but I am stumped on a decent workflow.  Ideally I'd import them using OI share. I'd like for the final product to be a .mov and I need ability to at least rotate. Any suggestions?

First I tried to import the time lapses using the OI share app on my iPad. It doesn't look like the app recognizes  the .avi files, if it could I was not able to locate the .avi's amongst all the stills created by the time lapse function.

Next I tried importing the .avi's into Lightroom, but it doesn't support editing so that was a waste.

Then I tried Olympus viewer 3, that allowed me to rotate but not export as .mov. When I saved as a .avi with the highest res settings, the file was compressed and didnt look good at all. It had gone from 130mb down to 80.

I also tried iMovie, that's maybe the best option so far.

If the timelapse could just be saved on camera as a .mov none of this would be an issue!

How are people editing their time lapses, any tips?

Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow