Disappointed in Panasonic 12-32mm

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jmjr Forum Member • Posts: 88
Disappointed in Panasonic 12-32mm

Odd story. I bought the GX85 body from Amazon for $507. I already have the LX100 and wanted some reach and also purchased the Tamron 14-150mm f/3.5-5.8 Di III. I also plan to buy a prime (probably the Pan 20mm f/1.7 II).

Even though people speak well of the 12-32mm kit lense, I wasn't in a rush to get it and figure I'd pick it up cheap when someone sells it off from their kit.

But I got lucky, and the 12-32mm was included in the box!

However, I'm disappointed in its quality. I know it is slower than the LX100 (which has great IQ and f/1.7) but it is significantly worse in IQ. It's also worse than the Tamron, which surprised me a bit. (That's shooting everything with flash, at the same shutter/ISO/aperture.)

How do I know if it is a bad one? I can't return it or get it serviced since I didn't pay for it. I would eventually like a copy that met my expectations. But if my lens is typical, I'd sell it and be done with it. If it is atypical, I wouldn't want to sell it (and screw someone) and could get a different copy at some point.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic LX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow