My X100T is highlight clipping as bad as my Nikon D5300

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Easy Rider
Easy Rider Senior Member • Posts: 4,940
My X100T is highlight clipping as bad as my Nikon D5300

Man I thought I would no longer have to dial in -1/2 ev on a normal day and up to a stop on a sunny day.

Did some shots today in pretty low contrast situations in the local allotment.

Highlights in skies on an overcast day were blown to buggery.

What with the odd smearing and lens flare, this has ruined my images.  I was shooting between F4 to F8 so not wide open at all.

I guess it's back to dialing in about -2/3 on a normal day and up to a stop on a really sunny day like with the Nikon...?

I shoot RAW, was trusting the Fuji's multi metering, but I guess it's back to spot, lock meter to mid grey and recompose.....

Just did some googling and it seems like the 24mp sensor Nikons, the X100T tends towards overexposure.

I had DR just on 100.

I find this camera performs well for street - which is my main purpose for it so cannot complain there, but for general shooting, man, very prone to flare (I am not using a hood as that takes away the main reason I bought it pocketability and I shoot mostly 35mm FOV) smears anything close, overexposure, I was going to use it for my walk around too, but meh, not happy so far....

It renders everything else nicely but those highlights and the light flare.....

Any advice...?

I'm pretty sure it'll be back to spot metering and a little minus EV dialled in....

Easy Rider's gear list:Easy Rider's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Nikon D5300 Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG Macro Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X100T Nikon D5300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rlx
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow