What do you use your 85mm Batis for?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
noggin2k1
noggin2k1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,209
What do you use your 85mm Batis for?

Before I get started on this, I'm already expecting the "you should only buy the lenses you absolutely need" responses - I'm well aware of this, and I'm basically looking for a little inspiration, not a lecture on how to manage my finances.

The back story - As I sell the remainder of my Canon kit off, it's the 85 1.8 that is last to go. A lens that is effectively box fresh as it's never been used - partly because I never found a use for it, and partly because I never fell in love with it like some of my other glass (3 mile minimum focus distance, relatively sharp but uninspiring rendering, not an 'enjoyable' piece of engineering to have in your hand).

I've since made the mistake of having a quick play with the 85 Batis, and as expected, I've fallen in love with it. The problem being - I don't know what I'd use it for.

So I'm opening the floor up to a little conversation in the hope you can all spark my creativity (it is a forum after all..) - what do you use your 85 Batis for..?

noggin2k1's gear list:noggin2k1's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Sony Alpha a7 II Sony a9 Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow