What lens should I bring?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
doubleh87 New Member • Posts: 3
What lens should I bring?

I'm a beginner photographer, and I plan to visit Antelope Canyon next week. Of course, with my skills and my gears, I'm not expecting something crazy, but I still want to maximize efficiency. I have D7000, 35mm 1.8G, 28mm 2.8 (manual), and 18-55mm VR II. And it's going to be a landscape mostly, but if you have been to the Canyon, you know it's kind of close-up landscape, and I don't worry too much about distortion, vignetting, and such. Here are my questions:

1. Is 35mm too narrow? I really wish I could just take this lens since it's my go-to lens. But I'm guessing it's going to be too narrow since most of times I'll be taking photos inside the canyon.

2. Is 28mm going to have problem with focus? 28mm has been my favorite landscape lens, but I have almost never used it for close-up distances. With all the other tourists there, it's going to be a problem.. right?

3. Is 18-55mm too soft? I have never used 18-55mm actually. I ordered it few days ago, and it will arrive just before the trip. Because of the mechanism, it will definitely be softer than my prime 35mm. But both are entry-level lenses anyway. Are there noticeable differences when they are printed on, say, 8x10 when viewed from normal viewing distance?

Of course I could bring all of them, but I don't think that's a good idea because I don't want to swap lenses in the middle of windy desert among dozens of other tourists. Any thoughts or advices will be appreciated!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow