Nissin i40 no longer recognized

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dark13star
dark13star Senior Member • Posts: 1,703
Nissin i40 no longer recognized

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or has any ideas to try other than sending the flash for repair.

I put my i40 on the X-T2 yesterday. I don't use it often, but I couldn't get the camera to recognize the flash at all. The only flash options were "no flash" and "manual." I couldn't get it to fire in manual either. This unit had been previously sent in to update it for the X-T2 and it flashes fine if I push the test button.

I wondered it if could have been a firmware issue, so I tried it on my X-T1 with the same results.

The only thing I notice is that when I put the flash on the cameras, it never actually locks in place so that I have to push the button to release it. I can always slide it back off without pushing the button. It doesn't look like any of the pins are damaged or missing though and I'm not sure if it used to lock properly or not. I'd appreciate if someone could try theirs.

I'm thinking of moving to Godox, so I'm unlikely to spend anymore money on this unit if this require a paid repair.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rich

-- hide signature --

"I would be an historian as Herodotus was." -Charles Olson
http://photos.herodot.us

dark13star's gear list:dark13star's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Olympus Tough TG-4 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 +12 more
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow