*** Mini-Challenge #478 *** Rustic/Aged

Started Sep 24, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
abiquiuense Senior Member • Posts: 1,754
*** Mini-Challenge #478 *** Rustic/Aged

Media; Sepia, Black & White, Washed Out Colors

Dear Members and Readers:

Thanks to everyone for giving me the opportunity to make room on this bench. My training in photography began in the darkroom developing black and white photos for a colleague at a local high school. I thought it fitting that I'd try my first challenge hosting with that in mind. My love for color photography was always modified by the price of film, it being cheap, but, it was the printing that taxed me, so it stayed at snapshots. But, the advent of my ability to purchase a fine digital camera and my coincidental retirement from teaching U.S. History and Spanish, has simply propelled me into the stratosphere, and so here I remain in your graces.

Your subject should fit the broad declaration of "rustic." This broad subject (countryside, aged-look) can include people in a rustic environment. Drop the word into etymonline.com for a convenient etymological base.

This open-ended list is for your convenience:
*Texturing
*Leading Lines
*Grain

Don't get hung-up on these. Feel free to comment. Your photo is what counts.

This, the 478th "Mini-Challenge," runs the week of Monday, September 25, 2017 to Monday, October 2, 2017. (You may, however, begin your postings as soon as I post my third "exhibit" today.) Eleventh hour postings will be accepted until 9:00 p.m. Pacific.

To the members of DPReview who commented on my participation or kept me in the silence of their prayers, please accept my deepest gratitude.

Enjoy; "abiquiuense."

-- hide signature --

NOTE: The First Place winner becomes the host of the next challenge and has 3 days to begin the challenge. The winner can respond thru forum post or PM. If that individual doesn't respond in 3 days or declines to serve, the Second Place winner becomes the next host. If that individual declines to serve, the Third Place winner becomes the next host.

1. Submit Entries to win (3 maximum); and/or Exhibits (unlimited). Photos are to be taken by you, using any camera (or cell phone), any time. Processing, composites, etc. are all acceptable. The only thing that counts is the image, not how it was created.

2. Please state in the header of your post: "Entry" or "Exhibit". If a post is not labeled, it will be considered an Exhibit.

3. To post images, reply to this initial post.

4. Please post comments about your images and those of the other participants. That is a big part of the fun of these challenges.

a. ‘Reply’ opens a new blank window, (always indicating whom you are replying to). Write text, insert images, paste internet links, ….,

b. ‘Reply with Quote’ opens a window with all prior text and images intact. You add what you want, where you want. You can delete any of the original material, keeping only what you want shown.

5. At the end of this challenge, I will announce First, Second and Third places from the Entries in a separate RESULTS thread; and I may select some images from the Exhibits for Honorable Mentions.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow