New, confused, X-t1 user

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dreamlander Regular Member • Posts: 204
New, confused, X-t1 user

My wife wanted to learn more about photography a take it more seriously. I am a Canon shooter, but I thought the X-t1 would be a good camera for  learning with the manual controls and evf, and give me a chance to dip my toe into the Fuji waters.

A couple of things really have me confused. First, I am a back button focus user. I like to remove focusing all together from the shutter button and only use the af-L button. This seems to work if I switch the front dial to manual focus mode. Ok, but now to switch from af-s to af-c  I have to dive into the menu and switch the instant focus?

Also when in C or S mode on the front dial the the af-L button does nothing. Whether set to switch or press, it does nothing. What gives?

And last, when the metering is set to spot or average, it meters about 1 stop lower when front dial is in M, compared to S or C. When set to multimeter it meyers the same for all three modes. This really has me confused.

Help if you can.

-- hide signature --
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow