Sold all my MFT gear

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tomnorth
tomnorth Contributing Member • Posts: 755
Sold all my MFT gear

How often have you seen posts or articles about people ditching all their DSLR gear in favor of mirrorless? Well, I’ve seen plenty. I thought it might be worth noting that this week I sold off all my micro four-thirds gear on eBay. I’ve been a Nikon shooter for years. I added the Lumix MFT system to my kit fairly early on in 2010. Since then I’ve had both systems in my arsenal, upgrading both systems as new cameras came out that warranted it. Over time I found myself shooting my MFT gear less and less. Finally I bit the bullet and decided to sell all my Lumix gear. You might ask why I wasn’t using my MFT gear. Fundamentally it comes down to preferring the Nikon shooting experience and the Nikon FX image quality, especially in low light. I’m not looking to start a kerfufle here. If I were I’d have posted this on the MFT forum. Mainly I’m seeking to offset a bit of the mirrorless mania that pervades the pundit posts. There is something about a nice, beautiful OVF that mirrorless will never capture. In some regard, those of us that continue shooting DSLRs are made to feel like second class citizens or troglodytes. I’m here to tell you that DSLRs are not dead. Let’s all keep making stunning images with our beautiful, antiquated DSLRs!

tomnorth's gear list:tomnorth's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D4S Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +6 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow