Workflow from sharpening to delivering to clients/models

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
rhote Junior Member • Posts: 34
Workflow from sharpening to delivering to clients/models

I was wondering if I get could some general feedback on your general sharpening/exporting/delivering workflows based on the questions below. I'm attempting to turn this hobby in to a profession and I'm always unsure on what direction to take in different scenarios.

Whether single image/small set to large sets such as events/weddings, etc. How many passes of sharpening do you do on each image, capture/local/global? How many differently sharpened versions do you? Just one, or one for screen, one for print? If you do more than one pass of sharpening, do you do that individually for each output, or would you, for example, sharpen the details like eyes on a portrait, just once, then apply different global sharpening for each output.

Obviously some clients, they will specify what exactly what they need, but when providing digital images to anyone - whether it be a few hundred from a wedding to set of 3-20 from a TF portfolio fashion shoot or a paid family portrait session, to a major single image digital art composite where you're providing copies to model/MUA - do you send them a single copy, or one for general web use, one for print. If for print and using lightroom output sharpening for bulk, do you use matte, glossy or both when you don't know how they will end up printing them?

Also, along the same lines, images look ideal to me on my calibrated screen, which is obviously not as bright as a general consumer screen or mobile devices that are always too bright, but when I get it on a mobile device and turn it up to average joe brightness, some of images, mainly darker ones, look so bad from the increase in brightness (unlike 90% of what I see online when browsing on my phone), but dropping the exposure down by -0.2 to -0.4 makes them look fine no matter what the brightness is. Does anyone make any changes other than sharpening to the same image when it's prepared for something like Facebook as opposed to a print or a platform like Flickr where there is a higher ratio of people viewing with calibrated screens.

Thanks.

rhote's gear list:rhote's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Nikon D750
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow