Fuji X-E3 in my hands

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TORN Senior Member • Posts: 1,477
Fuji X-E3 in my hands

Since I spend some time in Tokyo right now I had the opportunity to test the X-E3 at Yodobashi in Akihabara a bit. The first thing to notice is that the X-E3 is no improved X-E2. The handlinng and the grip is very different. It was much more similar to the A3 and T20 in that respect. If you (like me) feel that those cameras are too small to offer good ergonomics you will most probably find the E3 to fall in the same category. It does not offer enough room to have a second finger placed comfortably on the grip which makes holding any lens  beyond 200g rather uneasy. Using the front dial or the Q-menu will require you to use both hands and change your grip. Having a touchscreen but all lenses with stabilization being rather heavy for this small body is strange to me. Having a fixed touch screen is another limitation for me. Touch screens works best in my opinion with stabilization and a flexible screen. The viewfinder is about what you are used to in the below X-T1/2 class. Using glasses is in my opinion not the best idea with the viewfinders of the X-E series. You just cannot press the finder to your eye so that light can fall in and you see a lot more things outside the finder than inside which is not what I expect from a FINDER.

Best use of the camera is in my opinion for a small handed person not wearing glasses and  planning to use mostly 18/23 2.0, 27, 35, 50 2.0 and possibly 14/60 and who can live without flexible screen. Just using time selection, aperture compensation and joystick for AF selection and leaving iso to auto is what I would do with this camera. I would try to avoid any other adjustments.

As you might get by now I much prefer the ergonomics of the bigger T1/2 but your mileage may vary.

TORN's gear list:TORN's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1
Fujifilm X-E2 Olympus E-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow