First outing with the A9

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
noggin2k1
noggin2k1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,201
First outing with the A9

Thought I'd share a couple of pictures from my A9's first 'half proper' outing.

One of the many things I do is volunteer at a few local animal shelters - for anyone wanting to sharpen their skills/do some good with their endless kit, it's a wonderful thing to do (the shelter I do most of my stuff at is now at record levels of adoptions - certainly not all down to me, but the pictures could well help).

Just a few observations when comparing to the 5D4;

Auto focus. Holy smokes - the A9 is a different world to the 5D4! Accuracy, speed, and tracking - clear, clear improvement in each and every area.

Exposure. Whereas the Canon nailed exposure out the blocks, I had to dial in +2/3 on the A9 - even though the EVF looked accurate live. No big deal, just worth noticing.

Colours. A lot more 'pop' to the Sony colours compared to Canon. Whereas I had to add a bit of saturation to Canon colours, I may have to tone the Sony ones down a little (if I'm being fussy).

Images are a representation of what I normally process - remember these are only put on the website/social media at low res, and printed out for the cards for each animal. There's a load more I could do with them, but there gets to a limit of how much time you're willing to volunteer - lighting conditions also aren't the best, and using flash isn't an option. They're simply cropped down, pushed the shadows a little, and exported at 2MP.

Overall - very, very happy with how the A9 has performed.

noggin2k1's gear list:noggin2k1's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Sony Alpha a7 II Sony a9 Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +4 more
Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow